TMJ 'dysfunction' - Health implications

Within this forum, you will discover valuable insights on how a 'dysfunctional' jaw, dental arch anomalies, and various body asymmetries can contribute to illness from a unique perspective. This is your go-to resource for finding effective solutions and achieving lasting relief.
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024, 1:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon, 14 Mar 2022, 12:15 am 
Site Admin

As perplexing as it was, I felt justified in my choice not to go the statin route all those years. However, doctors continued to advise statins, but this time it was with more emphasis. They said that apart from the cholesterol lowering effects, statins are beneficial for their anti-inflammatory properties. Once again, I did not yield to their suggestions.

Recently, a Catheter angiography was performed. My cardiac consultant was taken aback as he saw the results on the screen. The reason being that, despite having suffered a massive heart attack 15 years ago and despite not having taken any statins, there were no visible signs of any cholesterol blockage! Furthermore, my ejection fraction had significantly improved. My left ventricular ejection fraction was in the 45-50% range, as opposed to a meagre 30-35% immediately after the heart surgery.

Now that these are the outcomes, I ask, are statins necessary? Are there alternate ways of managing cardiovascular disease that does not involve statins? Why the great obsession with statins when my case study suggests otherwise?

As I see it, the onus is on us, patients, to choose our healing paths wisely. Medication alone cannot do the work, our minds, diet and lifestyle are as crucial if not more. It might sound clichéd, but leading a stress-free life, a diet low in processed foods and regular moderate exercise seem to have helped me manage my cardiac issues well. For someone like me who had the worst prognosis after my heart surgery, it is nothing short of a miracle.

I respect the wisdom of the medical fraternity, but I would urge everyone to exercise their own wisdom as well in these matters. Each of our bodies responds differently to the same set of medications. So, in addition to a one-size-fits-all medical approach, I think a more personalised, mindful approach could make a world of difference in our journey to good health.

Note: This narrative should not be construed as medical advice. It is simply a sharing of my personal journey with high cholesterol and cardiac issues. Please always consult with your own healthcare provider.

It may be worth you buying Dr Aseem Malhotra's book from Amazon.co.uk for a more informed choice, conducting your own due diligence. I think Dr Malhotra's advice is going to ba as frank as it can get.

The photo below has an Amazon reader review on the right.
Attachment:
statins_aseem.PNG
statins_aseem.PNG [ 185.34 KiB | Viewed 18907 times ]

© 2024 M. Amir. All rights reserved.
.................................................................................................................................................................................

PS: Taking a stand against the existing paradigm of dental and medical care is very costly. My website has highlighted practices of those who knowingly or unknowingly perpetuate illness. This is obviously not acceptable to the power structure controlling our health. To continue to produce evidentiary articles on my website and this forum - which have enlightened thousands of health practitioners and patients all around the world, to keep my staff employed and my offices viable, we request a little help. If you feel that this article has made an astonishing change in your symptoms, please donate through a window that comes up after a few seconds at dramir.com.

CONDITIONS OF USE AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This article is for educational purposes only. The improvement or benefits identified in this article or on this site are based on individual experiences which are dependent upon the patient’s unique health condition, medical history, and other individualised factors, and should not be considered representative of all treatment outcomes. You must do your own due diligence by consulting your physician before embarking on what may be suggested here. This information is meant to supplement, not replace advice from your doctor or healthcare provider, and is not meant to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions or adverse effects. This information may not fit your specific health circumstances. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified health care provider because of something you have read on this forum. You should always speak with your doctor or health care professional before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your health care plan or treatment and to determine what course of therapy is right for you.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+