TMJ 'dysfunction' - Health implications

Within this forum, you will discover valuable insights on how a 'dysfunctional' jaw, dental arch anomalies, and various body asymmetries can contribute to illness from a unique perspective. This is your go-to resource for finding effective solutions and achieving lasting relief.
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024, 8:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Shoulder pains
PostPosted: Mon, 13 Dec 2021, 10:26 am 
Site Admin

The ramifications of shoulder problems caused by Jaw asymmetry
Attachment:
Shoulder1.png
Shoulder1.png [ 105.91 KiB | Viewed 10658 times ]

Shoulder pain can have a massive impact on one's day-to-day functioning. It is a common presentation in many GP surgeries and A&E departments. Any jaw asymmetry, especially a midline discrepancy, affects the neck and shoulder muscles. Shoulder pain and stiffness are a universal occurrence in almost any patient presenting with a jaw problem. Action is required to correct the jaw asymmetry initially - not chiropractic adjustments, painkillers anti-inflammatories, steroids or surgery.

The intimate relationship of shoulder problems to Jaw asymmetry is shown in the graph below, where neck and shoulder problems are an all too frequent accompaniment of other symptoms. (If the graph does not load, please press F5 on your keyboard)
Attachment:
Neck and shoulder pains.PNG
Neck and shoulder pains.PNG [ 343.32 KiB | Viewed 872 times ]

The graph confirms the presence of shoulder pain among almost all the patients presenting with a jaw problem. Either one or both shoulders can be very stiff and painful on palpation of the relevant muscles.

A shoulder problem is often the first sign of pain at the onset of multiple symptoms in many patients, as shown below. It cannot be ignored, as the long-term outcome could be an affliction with some serious incapacity. Correcting the jaw asymmetry corrects the shoulder and many other accompanying symptoms. Treating the shoulder on its own does nothing. The patients' symptoms continue unabated.

Testimonials
Extreme Dizziness, Head-over-the-hammer Headaches, Tinnitus

"Thank you for your time and care with my jaw problems. Your unique orthodontic approaches have given me my life back. My problems began when all four of my wisdom teeth were mistakenly removed in St. Thomas’s Hospital, London.
My health deteriorated rapidly starting with a frozen shoulder and progressing to extreme dizziness, head-over-the-hammer headaches, tinnitus, numbness in limbs and tiredness. At first, I didn’t put the two things together, and I thought maybe I had a brain tumour, the symptoms seemed to match. After a brain scan, I was told everything was fine. I remember feeling really upset that I still didn’t know what was wrong with me.

A dentist told me that I might have TMD. I was referred to the Eastman Dental Hospital and had a splint made for my lower teeth. I wore the appliance at night and at first, it did help my headaches. My dizziness was still very bad, so I researched TMD and then embarked on a very costly (in terms of health, time and money) treatment plan with private dentists.

They all did the same thing - they made me splints of varying descriptions. I was so determined to get better that I went along with their advice and treatments. They were ‘top’ Harley Street dentists, but I continued to deteriorate.
M Gorman

Rapid recovery from numerous symptoms, including extreme dizziness

"Dear Dr Amir,
Thank you so much for all you did yesterday within a few minutes of arriving at your office. I feel so much better today. I thought I would e-mail what I can remember of the symptoms leading up to 12th August 2017 and then how I feel since my appointment with you 10 days later.

I watched a film on TV and my head was turned to the left for about 2 hours. When I woke the next morning, my neck was stiff and painful on the left side. I presumed this was from watching the film at first, but the pain spread rapidly and surrounded my ear, jaw, collarbone, shoulder blade, lower back and calf, all down the left side of my body. .............. W Taylor

Daily dizziness and headaches
"Hello, I am 27 years old. I have been suffering for two and a half years from massive pressure pain all over my face, jaw, and neck, pain behind my eyes, burning sensation in my nostrils, dizziness, headaches every day, panic attacks, abdominal pain, back pain, pain in my shoulders."................... Neringa

Unstoppable migraines
"I have suffered from migraines for as long as I can remember. For the most part, they were mainly hormonal or came during times of extreme stress. They were not life-affecting initially; I had literally half a dozen a year at most. However, by my mid-thirties, they were increasing in frequency and by my fortieth year became chronic. Horrendous pain in my neck and shoulders which was causing almost daily migraines.................................... Within a few weeks of wearing braces, my migraines had gone and now three and a half years later, I can quite literally go for months without having a migraine and when I do, it generally doesn’t come from my neck and shoulders"............................... Pamela Hunniset

Multiple Sclerosis
'........6 months ago (December 2012) I developed instant numbness in my right shoulder, bicep, chest and neck - none of which dissipated thereafter. Following numerous medical examinations during this period, the severe numbness in my arm/shoulder prompted MRI scans. Inflammation was identified in my brain and neck section of my spine and on 3rd January 2013 I was diagnosed with MS (a condition I held little knowledge of at that time)"............. TS

Restricted arm movement
"I have for the last few months started to get restricted movement in one arm. Three weeks ago, Dr Amir fitted me with a new orthodontic brace - instantly, I was able to move my arm freely behind my back but still had restricted movement above my shoulders. Returning to Dr Amir for an adjustment today, he said not to worry as ‘That will be easy to fix'. After some adjustment to the orthodontic brace, I now find that I can raise my arm above my head. As you would assume, I am delighted and would recommend Dr Amir to anybody with similar problems.................................... Bernadette R.

Posted by M. Amir B.D.S., M.Sc. (U. Of London), L.D.S., R.C.S. (England)
Reviewed January 2021
©2019 -2024 Dr. M. Amir. All rights reserved.
.................................................................................................................................................................................................

PS: Taking a stand against the existing paradigm of dental and medical care is very costly. My website has highlighted the practices of those who knowingly or unknowingly perpetuate illness. This is not acceptable to the power structure controlling our health. To continue to produce evidentiary articles on my website and this forum - which have enlightened thousands of health practitioners and patients all around the world, to keep my staff employed and my offices viable, we request a little help. If you feel that this article has made an astonishing change in your symptoms, please donate through a window that comes up after a few seconds at dramir.com.

A paradigm shift in the care of Shoulder pain

CONDITIONS OF USE AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This article is for educational purposes only. The improvement or benefits identified in this article or on this site are based on individual experiences which are dependent upon the patient’s unique health condition, medical history, and other individualised factors, and should not be considered representative of all treatment outcomes. You must do your due diligence by consulting your physician before embarking on what may be suggested here. This information is meant to supplement, not replace advice from your doctor or healthcare provider, and is not meant to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions or adverse effects. This information may not fit your specific health circumstances. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on this forum. You should always speak with your doctor or health care professional before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your health care plan or treatment and to determine what course of therapy is right for you.

Attachments:
Neck and shoulder pains.PNG
Neck and shoulder pains.PNG [ 343.32 KiB | Viewed 10658 times ]
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+