TMJ 'dysfunction' - Health implications

Within this forum, you will discover valuable insights on how a 'dysfunctional' jaw, dental arch anomalies, and various body asymmetries can contribute to illness from a unique perspective. This is your go-to resource for finding effective solutions and achieving lasting relief.
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024, 5:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue, 04 Apr 2023, 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

A persons experience of a visit to a hospital in Florida.

"During my holiday in New Port Richey, Florida, I began experiencing breathlessness. As a citizen of the UK, where medical treatment is free, I had taken out holiday insurance for my travels. I visited a hospital where a doctor examined me and the staff carried out various tests. It was discovered that I had extra water in my lungs due to heart problems that I was aware of, and I was prescribed intravenous diuretics. Thankfully, I recovered quickly and was discharged the following day. I provided my insurance documents to the hospital staff, who reassured me that they were handling everything with the insurance company.

However, upon my return home, I submitted the necessary information to my insurance company, only to have them refuse to pay. They accused me of overstaying my holiday, meaning that I was not covered. This was not correct, and I was able to provide documentary evidence. Shockingly, I was informed that the bill for my one night stay in the hospital was some $40,000! I did not hear back from the insurance company for several months.

I almost forgot about it until some six months later, and more than a year after my hospital stay, I received a bill from a collections agency which is demanding that I pay the following:
Cost of treatment $39,041.94
Insurance discounts $23,425.16
Net amount payable $15,516.78

Sadly, it appears that many American hospitals are intent on ripping off their patients. This is especially true when it comes to individuals with holiday policies that cover them for millions of dollars. After this experience, I have no intention of ever taking a holiday in the USA again. It is important that those who may be considering a holiday there understand the potential risks.
A persons experience of a visit to a hospital in Florida.

"During my holiday in New Port Richey, Florida, I began experiencing breathlessness. As a citizen of the UK, where medical treatment is free, I had taken out holiday insurance for my travels. I visited a hospital where a doctor examined me and the staff carried out various tests. It was discovered that I had extra water in my lungs due to heart problems that I was aware of, and I was prescribed intravenous diuretics. Thankfully, I recovered quickly and was discharged the following day. I provided my insurance documents to the hospital staff, who reassured me that they were handling everything with the insurance company.

However, upon my return home, I submitted the necessary information to my insurance company, only to have them refuse to pay. They accused me of overstaying my holiday, meaning that I was not covered. This was not correct, and I was able to provide documentary evidence. Shockingly, I was informed that the bill for my one night stay in the hospital was some $40,000! I did not hear back from the insurance company for several months.

I almost forgot about it until some six months later, and more than a year after my hospital stay, I received a bill from a collections agency which is demanding that I pay the following:
Cost of treatment $39,041.94
Insurance discounts $23,425.16
Net amount payable $15,516.78

Sadly, it appears that many American hospitals are intent on ripping off their patients. This is especially true when it comes to individuals with holiday policies that cover them for millions of dollars. After this experience, I have no intention of ever taking a holiday in the USA again. It is important that those who may be considering a holiday there understand the potential risks.

The fact that healthcare costs are the leading cause of bankruptcies in the US and often result in people losing their homes is concerning. It is worrying that the UK government is gradually handing over the NHS to these companies. If this trend continues, the same kind of ruinous healthcare costs will come to the UK. It is a terrifying thought, and I pray that our government sees the light before it's too late.
God help us all."

Attachment:
Health bankruptcies.JPG
Health bankruptcies.JPG [ 62.07 KiB | Viewed 3545 times ]

I have many other stories to post here, so please check this space occasionally.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+