TMJ 'dysfunction' - Health implications

Within this forum, you will discover valuable insights on how a 'dysfunctional' jaw, dental arch anomalies, and various body asymmetries can contribute to illness from a unique perspective. This is your go-to resource for finding effective solutions and achieving lasting relief.
It is currently Fri, 29 Mar 2024, 12:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Jan 2013, 3:57 pm 

Attachment:
14898_10200227801156137_879341910_n.jpg
14898_10200227801156137_879341910_n.jpg [ 22.99 KiB | Viewed 10163 times ]
- Prof George Ebers-
"Clinical trials of multiple sclerosis have been uniform in utilising invalidated outcome measures. This has occurred to a degree for which it is difficult to find parallels in medicine in general. We have recently evaluated the outcomes which have been used for evaluating past trials leading to drug approval and current trials. It is not a pretty sight.

It is quite clear from natural history studies that relapses have very little if anything to do with long term outcome. Similarly, MRI measures have been thoroughly evaluated within large datasets and found to be similarly non-predictive for meaningful outcomes. The measures of disability used in trials certainly don’t measure unremitting disability as investigators and their industry supporters have claimed.

The widespread embracing of dubious and poorly validated outcomes by some MS investigators, often in contexts where there are egregious conflicts of interest, threaten academic credibility not to mention long term professional autonomy."

For Prof Ebers FULL SHOCKING COMMENTS SEE THIS LINK
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66292082/Damnin ... 0Ebers.pdf

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Sun, 24 Mar 2013, 12:25 pm 

Attachment:
File comment: From CCSVI-IVCC a FB sharing page about neurological disease.
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 353.71 KiB | Viewed 10149 times ]

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Apr 2013, 4:48 pm 

Hi Jenny,
I was pleased that our paths crossed on Tuesday in Mr Amir's waiting room. It was a strange/exciting time for Ella and I for two reasons: one is that she was finally able to admit that there was some improvement in her tremor arm, and two in the middle of the consultation with Mr Amir, she got a phone call telling her that she had got a job. I'm exlaining this as a way of apologising for not spending more time talking with you. I would have liked to hear your news. However what I did do was read your posts on the MS Society forum and the outrageous way in which some members responded to your comments and experience. It is unbelievable that people are so married to their theory that they are not able to remain civil and open to other people's ideas, especially in the face of tangible improvements in condition that most people have experienced. (even Ella - in spite of Amir's despairing of her)
I do hope that we will meet again and have time to catch up in the near future.
Michele :)

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Apr 2013, 7:48 pm 

Hi Michele, it was lovely to see you and Ella on Tuesday. I was so pleased to see that Ella has felt some improvement even though it may have been a long time coming. I thought she seemed bright, alert and more animated than last time I saw her; that is probably down to the fact she is seeing changes at last. It takes some time to accept and believe that these symptoms, previously blamed on permanent damage to the nervous system, can actually start to resolve. You have to experience it to believe it!
It's great news that Ella has a new job - Congratulations!

Thanks for reading the MS Society forum post. I must admit I was not prepared for the level of aggressiveness of some of the comments or for the extreme close-mindedness of these so-called patients and MS Society members. It was my first post on their forum and I have not been back :cry:

I hope we can meet up again soon and have a natter

Jenny :D