TMJ 'dysfunction' - Health implications

Within this forum, you will discover valuable insights on how a 'dysfunctional' jaw, dental arch anomalies, and various body asymmetries can contribute to illness from a unique perspective. This is your go-to resource for finding effective solutions and achieving lasting relief.
It is currently Fri, 29 Mar 2024, 2:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Oct 2012, 5:43 pm 

My first indication that something wasn't quite right was when I was 19 and running my own business as a dressmaker designing and making bespoke bridal gowns and bridesmaid's dresses. I was involved with a large order, making a very ornate, beaded bridal gown and four bridesmaid's dresses when I suddenly started to have problems focusing my eyes and they became extremely painful to move. At this time I visited an optician who looked at my eyes and told me I was suffering from eye strain from all the 'close work' I had been doing. He sold me a pair of glasses and told me to wear them while I was working. I did this and eventually, after a few weeks the pain disappeared so I carried on. Six months later the pain returned and my vision deteriorated so that I could no longer see well enough to do my work. I was also developing patches of numbness so I want for an orthopedic consultation. He told me that I had probably 'stretched a nerve' and to go away and rest. Next I went to a chiropractor to try to get an answer. He examined me and some of my reflexes were abnormal so he refused to work on me and recommended I went to see a neurologist.

I went to see a very eminent neurologist at The Churchill Clinic - he arranged an MRI scan and gave me an MS diagnosis on the strength of the visible plaques on my scan. I have never had any other tests to eliminate other illnesses. I gave up my shop and closed my business after being told that MS is a progressive, incurable disease. My life changed from that day on.

These are some of the MRI scan pictures that were taken before my MS diagnosis in 1991 when I was just 22 years old.
Attachment:
00MRI3.jpg
00MRI3.jpg [ 297.95 KiB | Viewed 6427 times ]

Attachment:
00MRI2.jpg
00MRI2.jpg [ 271.5 KiB | Viewed 6427 times ]

Attachment:
00MRI1.jpg
00MRI1.jpg [ 239.28 KiB | Viewed 6427 times ]

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+