TMJ 'dysfunction' - Health implications

Within this forum, you will discover valuable insights on how a 'dysfunctional' jaw, dental arch anomalies, and various body asymmetries can contribute to illness from a unique perspective. This is your go-to resource for finding effective solutions and achieving lasting relief.
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024, 11:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Here is Marylyn's story
PostPosted: Mon, 29 Nov 2021, 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

This patient presented with:
A frozen shoulder, extreme dizziness, head-over-the-hammer headaches, tinnitus, numbness in limbs, and tiredness.

"Thank you for your time and care with my jaw problems. Your unique orthodontic approaches have given me my life back. My problems began when all four of my wisdom teeth were mistakenly removed in St. Thomas’s Hospital, London.

My health deteriorated rapidly, starting with a frozen shoulder and progressing to extreme dizziness, head-over-the-hammer headaches, tinnitus, numbness in my limbs, and tiredness. At first, I didn’t put the two things together, and I thought maybe I had a brain tumour, the symptoms seemed to match. After a brain scan, I was told everything was fine. I remember feeling really upset that I still didn’t know what was wrong with me.

A dentist told me that I might have TMJD, I was referred to the Eastman Dental Hospital and had a splint made for my lower teeth. I wore the appliance at night and at first, it did help my headaches. My dizziness was still awful, so I researched TMJD and then embarked on a very costly (in terms of health, time, and money) treatment plan with private dentists.

They all did the same thing - they made me splints of varying descriptions. I was so determined to get better that I went along with their advice and treatments. They were ‘top’ Harley Street dentists, but I continued to deteriorate.

I also spent a fortune on Osteopathy
and became reliant on it. These treatments covered 10 or so years. Then one night I woke up to find the room spinning. I could barely move, sit or lie down. This continued for months.

After seeing your article in the Evening Standard, the newspaper decided to give it one last try. Thank god I did.
When I started my treatment with you, I could not even touch my teeth together. My splint wearing had caused my teeth to retreat into my gums. You really listened to my story and realized the complexity of my situation. For months, I had to have my treatment from you while I was standing up. You adjusted the treatment according to my needs, and gradually I began to recover.

The orthodontic work done by you has been amazing. My dizziness is now totally under control. My teeth and jaws work and I feel so much better.

Towards the end of treatment, I also became pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful, healthy boy. Without your care, this would not have been possible.
Thank you, Mr. Amir and the team.
M. G.
Jan 2014

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+