TMJ 'dysfunction' - Health implications

Within this forum, you will discover valuable insights on how a 'dysfunctional' jaw, dental arch anomalies, and various body asymmetries can contribute to illness from a unique perspective. This is your go-to resource for finding effective solutions and achieving lasting relief.
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024, 2:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My MS diagnosis jooba20
PostPosted: Tue, 02 Oct 2012, 11:35 am 

I had my diagnosis 15 years ago after an MRI. Unlike a lot of people I know with 'MS' I was virtually symptom free till about 5-6 years ago. I have never had a relapse or any pain (apart from back ache). I have had fatigue, brain fog and a bladder from hell! My worst disability is my walking. I have a few friends with the same Dx as me but have many many more symptoms and a long list of drugs (I take none) How can we all have the same illness but suffer so differently?
I have had 2 venoplasties with pretty good outcomes although symptoms began to creep back after a few months. A fellow CCSVI patient told me about a dentist who would treat her for TMJ Dysfunction and Skeletal Asymmetry. I started my treatment in January this year - 4 days later my bladder was about 90% better. My confidence has grown so much - apart from my bad walking I am so much better. On my recent visit to my dentist my hips were checked and they are now level!! :D
Like Jenny I will continue to post about my progress.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Oct 2012, 9:20 pm 

Hi Jooba,
Great to hear that this is working for you... My daughter is going to try as it has already been demonstrated to her that straightening her jaw is likely to help her balance at least. Anything more would be great.
Michele

PostPosted: Wed, 03 Oct 2012, 12:04 pm 

I have 2 daughters Michelle- 10 + 16. The eldest has had a catalogue of problems with her eyes, migraines and headaches. They seem to come and go and it seems to have all started when she was around 11/12. This ties in with when she had a train track brace to correct an overbite. When this brace was removed the dentist fixed a bar on the back of her 2 top front teeth to stop them moving back again. It seem that this is stopping her jaw from growing as it should and causing problems. This has not been confirmed as the cause of the problems as she has not seen my wonderful dentist yet. The only problem now is she is refusing to wear a brace as she is a teenager! :(

PostPosted: Wed, 03 Oct 2012, 9:11 pm 

jooba20 wrote:
I have 2 daughters Michelle- 10 + 16. The eldest has had a catalogue of problems with her eyes, migraines and headaches. They seem to come and go and it seems to have all started when she was around 11/12. This ties in with when she had a train track brace to correct an overbite. When this brace was removed the dentist fixed a bar on the back of her 2 top front teeth to stop them moving back again. It seem that this is stopping her jaw from growing as it should and causing problems. This has not been confirmed as the cause of the problems as she has not seen my wonderful dentist yet. The only problem now is she is refusing to wear a brace as she is a teenager! :(

Hello Julia,
It is imperative that the wire joining the two front teeth together is removed. Joining the two upper front teeth together inhibits and prevents cranial motion - a concept well understood by Cranial Osteopaths and other similar practitioners. It also restricts forward maxillary growth. It causes the patient to be nervous and on edge.

PostPosted: Sat, 06 Oct 2012, 11:37 am 

Dr. Amir, I have shown Mary (16 year old) this post and she will be coming down to see you as soon as she is sorted in her job. I am down next week with Mark Menassa.

PostPosted: Sat, 06 Oct 2012, 9:52 pm 

At 16 you really "need" additional things to make you nervous and on edge!

Get Mary down for some "gentle" dentistry from Dr Amir ;)

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Oct 2012, 4:07 pm 

jooba20 wrote:

Hi Julia,
Thankfully my daughter is past the teen age and probably because of that it has taken some time and some gentle emailing of relevant information to get her to come to the decision that this is what she is going to do. Her problems started a year or so after the end of her orthodontic treatment to correct her misaligned teeth... So now Dr Amir is going to have to undo the damage.
I am looking forward to seeing what happens.

PostPosted: Sun, 28 Oct 2012, 12:23 pm 

I am a very happy mum! I managed to get my daughter to visit Dr. Amir yesterday. The best visit I've had with him yet. Mary and I had already agreed that we would come home and think hard about whether we would go ahead with treatment ( at 16 she is very anxious about how she looks). Dr Amir had a good look at her teeth/jaw and explained how much work she would need to correct things in her mouth.

First of all he removed the wire at the back of her front teeth that he explained was doing nothing but harm as it interferes with normal cranial rhythm. When she stood up after this, the first thing she said was that she could breathe better, much better!!

Next he took her to check her atlas which was slightly out and made her remove her tongue bar (piercing) and throw it in the bin, much to my relief - I love Dr. Amir! She now has a removable brace.

I can not believe the difference in her already. As I type this I can hear her singing and laughing with her sister. This is an unusual and welcome sound.
This is very early days but I am so happy.

Yesterday Dr.Amir changed my wire. I've not had any tangible improvements for a few weeks but I continue to feel well. Every improvement is holding and I feel well and happy. Priceless.

Said daughter has just danced into the room singing and dancing. Even more priceless!

These are the graphs of my own progress to date:

Attachment:
Bar_graph_Julia_heys.png
Bar_graph_Julia_heys.png [ 100.32 KiB | Viewed 26572 times ]

Attachment:
Line_graph_Julia_Heys.png
Line_graph_Julia_Heys.png [ 242.68 KiB | Viewed 26572 times ]

PostPosted: Wed, 28 Nov 2012, 4:41 pm 

My last visit with Dr Amir was 10 days ago. He changed the wire on my fixed brace and made me a removeable for my lower teeth. After looking at my teeth he casuallly said I would be walking in a couple of months; that something would just click.
OMG
Driving back home I was so excited - in my wildest dreams I never thought this day would come!

Typical! I got a sore throat/cold. Under normal circumstances this would put me out of action for at least a month. 3 days and I was just about back to normal.

The last few days I have definitely turned a corner. Not only am I back to myself again so quickly but I have so much more energy and get-up-and-go. The other major change is that I am able to take 3 or 4 steps completly on my own!! I'm not very confident or elegant but it will come.

This is such a big deal for me and I wanted to share it with you lot. I do exactly as I'm told by Dr Amir and its all starting to pay off.
Mary (daughter) is still on track.

Julia x

PostPosted: Fri, 30 Nov 2012, 11:45 am 

Julia
When you and Jenny can fully walk I shall have completely conqured 'MS'. I shall have achieved in life more than what money can buy.

Off course you all will share this conquest and without your belief in me, you wearing the complex contraptions and diligently doing all the exercises it would never be possible.

The others like Zac etc. I am hardly worried about. They are all going to recover.