TMJ 'dysfunction' - Health implications

Within this forum, you will discover valuable insights on how a 'dysfunctional' jaw, dental arch anomalies, and various body asymmetries can contribute to illness from a unique perspective. This is your go-to resource for finding effective solutions and achieving lasting relief.
It is currently Fri, 29 Mar 2024, 12:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dilemma
PostPosted: Sun, 07 Oct 2012, 6:23 pm 

Nice reply Jen very encouraging, long may the improvements continue :P

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Oct 2012, 2:04 pm 

Jencor69 wrote:
That combined with improvements to my gait and mobility and the disappearance of patchy numbness makes me confident that I am doing the right thing. :)

Emma seconds this, she's now 10 months into treatment and wouldn't consider stopping.

When asked "What's it doing" the real answer is we don't quite know why it's working but it's working!

It's just putting everything back where it should be.

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Oct 2012, 4:01 pm 

Great to read about the improvements people have experienced since the beginning of their treatment. Ella is going to give it a go too. We are in the middle of filling the lengthy form. Ella might well meet some of you in the waiting room.

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Oct 2012, 9:05 pm 

Good Luck filling that form in! It's worth it though.

We look forward to meeting Ella in the near future.

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Oct 2012, 10:44 am 

Hi, I started treatment 7 June and immediately had the best 4 days I'd had in years. After that excitement, things have been up and down although generally improving. My hips are still wonky so I suspect much of the rest of me is as well. I have been traveling to Putney once a month from Germany and the trip seems to be getting a bit easier each time. The initial trip was a nightmare of hunting for public toilets. Now we drive to the channel and take the ferry, would have been unthinkable before.

PostPosted: Thu, 18 Oct 2012, 10:08 pm 

My treatment started with Dr Amir today by having my first appliance fitted to address my misalignment issues and MS like symptoms, I will return to see him next week, I will now use this thread to keep a diary of my experience and developments as a patient of Dr Amir's.

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Oct 2012, 7:58 pm 

I can't wait to hear how things progress for you Zac. I've been treated since June and my atlas is now balanced, the rest of me, well, not so much! But I have also had a small unexpected change. I haven't been able to wear earrings for years, like at least 15 years. At first it was just no cheap earrings, then no 14 kt gold, then eventually any metal become intolerable within 15-30 minutes. In September I found that I could wear silver earrings with no irritation at all. I gradually tried gold and it was also no problem. In fact I have now been sleeping with silver earrings in for over a week. This is a very small thing but a totally unexpected surprise. If a friend hadn't given me a pair of earrings, I probably wouldn't have noticed until the holidays. I usually tried to endure wearing a pair then for an evening knowing it would take two weeks for my ears to feel normal afterwards. Any changes are exciting.

PostPosted: Tue, 23 Oct 2012, 9:54 pm 

Welcome aboard Zac.

I'm looking forward to your updates.

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Jan 2013, 10:35 am 

Hi Zac, now you are a couple of months in do you have any updates. I too am a prospective patient of Dr. Amir and awaiting my first visit - would be great to know how your getting on?

T

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Jan 2013, 12:35 am 

Hi Tez,
Sorry for not replying sooner, my personal experience so far has been what I would call a bit of a rollercoaster, first Dr Amir assesses what needs correcting then the process starts which in my case can get off to a slow start in how I react to the different appliances I have worn so far ( four ) Dr Amir will try and tweak different methods to suit the individual as we are obviously all different.
I have experienced some very positive results although it is very important to follow Dr Amir's instructions which I have failed to do on occasion due to misunderstandings, when I see him he puts me back on track again, this is obviously an on going type of treatment which I have barely started, from what I have experienced so far I remain very positive and optimistic for the future.

Regards,