TMJ 'dysfunction' - Health implications

Within this forum, you will discover valuable insights on how a 'dysfunctional' jaw, dental arch anomalies, and various body asymmetries can contribute to illness from a unique perspective. This is your go-to resource for finding effective solutions and achieving lasting relief.
It is currently Fri, 29 Mar 2024, 1:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri, 22 Mar 2013, 7:47 pm 

Ella has been worrying about not being able to do what she should be able to do by now... And wondering what she was not doing right BUT today she has texted me to say that she was able to stroke her little cat Mini with her tremor hand. In the past she would have sent her diminutive cat flying so she is really chuffed.
PS she is barred from sending or receiving private messages... I have also logged in as her to see what the situation was but could not resolve the problem.
Michele

Attachments:
File comment: Mini likes to sit on Ella's shoulder.
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 743.49 KiB | Viewed 17569 times ]
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

PostPosted: Sun, 14 Apr 2013, 12:49 pm 

Hi everyone, It was nice meeting Dr Amir, and EJC (with Emma) at the clinic on Tuesday the 9th. It was great also to catch up with Jenny and her husband, we had met on a couple of previous occasions and have had a long online friendship. Everything took an exciting turn on that day... Ella was able to demonstrate the progress she had made with her tremor arm. As I posted previously she is now able to stroke her diminutive cat Mini without flinging her across the room, in the clinic she was able to pick up a small object from the table without brushing everything to the floor and later that day I noticed that as she went walking down the corridor holding on to the wall as she usually does, her hand was meeting it without making the usual loud thumping noise. This encouraging development is very welcome as it has taken a while for her to see, 'actually see' things changing. When you get used to living with this disabling tremor, you tend to ignore your disabled limb, you can't use it so you don't attend to what it does. If you did it would be utterly depressing and a daily reminder of your disability ...

She also got some good news whilst sitting in Dr Amir's chair, she got news that she was being offered the job she applied for. More money, more hours, but it seemed to me that after her visit to the clinic she felt more confident about being able to cope with the extra hours. Or perhaps it was just me...
Michele

PostPosted: Sun, 14 Apr 2013, 10:44 pm 

Hi Michelle, It was good to meet you both last week, Ella seemed really upbeat when she came out of the chair.

PostPosted: Sat, 11 May 2013, 3:54 am 

I took Ella to her appointment with Dr Amir on Tuesday 7th May and on the way there she commented on the fact that the skin on her face looked so much better. She no longer has spots and her pores are tighter. I also noticed that her pupils which had displayed asymmetry for 7 years were now equal and seemed to be reacting to light in a normal way. She says she has a blind spot in her right eye and is interested to see if this will get better too. Her tremor is a little worse than it was a month ago but nowhere near as violent as it was a couple of months ago and she is now able to steady her hand against her body without to much difficulty making it possible to hold something fairly steady.

PostPosted: Tue, 04 Jun 2013, 1:52 pm 

Hi all,
Ella and I went to see Dr Amir on Saturday the 1st June, and on the way Ella commented on the fact that although her legs still can't carry her for a long way her fatigue seems less severe. She has just started a new job which means she has to work 5 days a week as opposed to three days in her previous job, and she still had enough energy to go out for a meal on Friday night... we were still in the restaurant at 10.30pm and did not get to bed until midnight, we were up again at 6am and she still looked bright and alert. It seems that the progress she is experiencing is coming in small increments in various parts of her body. One thing that I noticed is that she seems to be able to cope with heat a little better.
She talked to Dr Amir, about her tremor which is better but seems to have gone back a bit from its best. Dr Amir had just got back from a visit to his sons in the US who are also dentists and they had talked about the problem that Ella had with her tremor. During their discussion they wondered whether there was any compression problem to the nerve in her armpit area. Dr Amir manipulated the muscles in her shoulder and sure enough she experienced an immediate improvement in the tremor. He also recommended that she take Serrapeptase as studies and reports on its use may help overall blood circulation.
Some claimed benefits as per an internet search show that Serrapeptase helps:
Dissolve non-living tissues to include blood clots, cysts and arterial plaque
Acts as an anti-inflammatory agent
Helps thin mucous secretions
Helps in removing Arterial Blockages

PostPosted: Sun, 16 Jun 2013, 12:51 pm 

Well, today and on a few other occasions I have taken a few steps (tidy ones) without my stick. I aim to be able to do this and stop myself without a fixed point to grab, all about remembering to hold; bottom in, shoulders back, head up and lower jaw out.

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jun 2013, 11:08 am 

Brilliant. :P

PostPosted: Sun, 30 Jun 2013, 9:28 pm 

Hi Michelle,

You commented on some people getting instant improvement and I noticed a slight despondency in your tone, so I thought I would give an entry.

I was one of those who had incredible results within a few days. These result seem to slowly abate, and although I still have improvement they are not as they were.

I believe that if they were there from wearing the brace they are still attainable. Its just going to take some time to find a new equilibrium!