TMJ 'dysfunction' - Health implications

Within this forum, you will discover valuable insights on how a 'dysfunctional' jaw, dental arch anomalies, and various body asymmetries can contribute to illness from a unique perspective. This is your go-to resource for finding effective solutions and achieving lasting relief.
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024, 10:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun, 21 Oct 2012, 3:35 pm 

A cure for Alopecia!

I woke up one morning in the summer of 2000 to see a fistful of my hair on my pillow, which had fallen out in a patchy manner. My GP examined me on the same day and diagnosed me with Alopecia. He prescribed me with a Dermovate scalp application to use twice a day and also advised me to purchase Regaine extra strength and to use it with Dermovate. My GP was unable to give me any indication of the root cause of the condition and simply stated that it is one of those conditions which can come and go and that there is no research confirming its cause.
Attachment:
alopecia.jpg
alopecia.jpg [ 31.77 KiB | Viewed 11523 times ]

I started using the Dermovate and Regaine during which time the patchy hair loss got progressively worse, two months after being diagnosed, I was suffering from 80% patchy hair loss. I was referred to a Dermatologist who saw me four months later and advised me to continue using the Dermovate and Regaine. Like my GP, the Dermatologist stated that they do not know much about the condition and that they suspect it might be [color=#FF0000]an autoimmune disease. [/color] After seeing the Dermatologist, I spent the next few months coping with a flaky and itchy scalp caused by the medication, and I started wearing a cap each time I stepped outside.

A year later, I went to see my dentist, Dr. M Amir, to have a filling checked and when he saw my scalp he started enquiring about my medical history and after checking my teeth and jaws he went on to tell me that the root cause of my condition was not a medical issue but a dental issue, the reasons given were the asymmetry of my jaw, neck pains that I suffered from since the age of 16. I felt that I received more convincing answers in that 15 minute consultation than I did in all the GP visits, so I agreed to undertake his proposed treatment. A week later, I was given a specially designed dental appliance and Within two weeks of using the brace my hair started to grow back! Within two months, all my hair had grown back!

My treatment lasted about a year and half, during which time bespoke dental appliances were made to correct my jaws. Since having the treatment, I have never suffered the patchy hair loss again.

I believe that I was suffering from a condition which was misdiagnosed by the medical profession as an autoimmune disorder. It is a dental condition which can be cured by dental treatment.

I am sharing the foregoing experience as I believe that there are many people who have also been misdiagnosed. I hope that this platform can raise awareness of the condition and that many people who are in the same situation that I was in can find the path to a permanent cure.
Please note, the patient has never lost any hair 23 years on and has a full head of hair. His recovery has been permanent.
© 2024 M. Amir All rights reserved
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NOTICE-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This article is written under the Human Rights Act 1998: UK Public General Acts 1998 c. 42 SCHEDULE 1 PART I Article 10 for of the long-suffering British public.
The law specifically states that "Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority".
Any harassment, direct or indirect, by the ruling bodies or their cronies, will be vehemently pursued through this act and the freedom of expression laws.
Any breaches of the Data Protection Act shall also be brought to the attention of the Information Commissioner's Office and The Law Society.
.................................................................................................................................................................................................
PS: Taking a stand against the existing paradigm of dental and medical care is very costly. My website has highlighted the practices of those who knowingly or unknowingly perpetuate illness. This is not acceptable to the power structure controlling our health. To continue to produce evidentiary articles on my website and this forum - which have enlightened thousands of health practitioners and patients all around the world, to keep my staff employed and my offices viable, we request a little help. If you feel that this article has made an astonishing change in your symptoms, please donate through a window that comes up after a few seconds at dramir.com.

A paradigm shift in the care of Alopecia areata

CONDITIONS OF USE AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This article is for educational purposes only. The improvement or benefits identified in this article or on this site are based on individual experiences which are dependent upon the patient’s unique health condition, medical history, and other individualised factors, and should not be considered representative of all treatment outcomes. You must do your due diligence by consulting your physician before embarking on what may be suggested here. This information is meant to supplement, not replace advice from your doctor or healthcare provider, and is not meant to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions or adverse effects. This information may not fit your specific health circumstances. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on this forum. You should always speak with your doctor or health care professional before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your health care plan or treatment and to determine what course of therapy is right for you.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

Post subject: Re: A cure for Alopecia!
PostPosted: Tue, 30 Oct 2012, 2:45 pm 

Hi frq,
How amazing... I have suffered from Alopecia Areata since the birth of my son, some 35 years ago. During my second pregnancy my hair grew back completely and then when Ella was born it fell out again and within a few months I was completely bald. Gradually over the next 6 years the condition gradually resolved itself and apart from the occasional small patch of baldness I had a full head of hair until I reached the age of 50, then once again it started falling out. The saving grace for me now is that the white hair on my head does not fall out, occasionally my dark brown hair regrows for a few months before falling out again.
I also have been told that it is autoimmune similar to MS. In actual fact my alopecia is relapsing remitting like MS and as my daughter has MS and I'm quite sure that the immune system is not responsible for her condition, neither is it for mine. But I had no idea that it could have anything to do with my jaw. I did think it might have to do with the circulation though. I was once told by a hairdresser friend that my scalp was quite thin and that would indicate that somehow the tissues were not getting the right kind of circulation. But if orthodontic treatment is going to help my daughter then it is quite possible that it would help me too, especially in view of your experience.
However priority must go to my daugher, and if there is any money left in the health fund at the end, then maybe something could be done for me even at this late stage in my life.
Thanks frq for your story.
Michele